- Easy User Transition – Arbutus Analyzer is almost fully compatible with the ACL command language, and operates in a similar manner. The familiar interface, commands, and syntax virtually eliminates the risks and inefficiencies of switching to a different software vendor. Essentially all your investment in ACL infrastructure can be reused with Arbutus.
- The Cost – Special “Switch to Arbutus Pricing” that could require little or no new budget money
- Perpetual Use – Arbutus offers both perpetual use and subscription licensing, so you can choose what’s best for you. Many organizations prefer the benefits of owning, not subscribing to, their software licenses, whereas license ownership (perpetual use) is a better option for other companies.
- Concurrent Licensing – You can keep your concurrent (network version) licensing. Many audit groups find the flexibility of concurrent licensing to be the best fit for their usage needs.
- ACL Project Converter – Arbutus comes with a built-in ACL project converter. All your investment in ACL table definitions and scripts is preserved and carries forward into your use of Arbutus.
- Support that Understands You – Our world class support team ensures that your transition will be easy. All of our technical support staff are very familiar with both ACL and Arbutus.
- Centralized Analytics Done Right – If you like centralized analytics but struggle with the usability, maintenance, and cost challenges associated with ACL Audit/Analytics Exchange, then Arbutus Enterprise Edition will make your life simpler and your centralized analytics more effective.
- All About Analytics – Arbutus believes that audit analytics is a foundational subject matter expertise that is critical for the success of an organization’s audit plan. Arbutus focuses on what we do best and then believes in working well with other best-of-breed audit technology, such as audit management systems and data visualization.
- Proven Technology and Development Team – The greatest strength of Arbutus is our proven technology and the experienced, talented team that continues to respond to the needs of the audit community. Arbutus is committed to providing the very best in both desktop and server-based analytics.
- Growing, Progressive User Community – Arbutus is for organizations that want a analytics partner who will listen to them, support them, and innovate for them. Join Arbutus’ growing community of progressive audit departments, both small and large, who continue to embrace and pioneer the use of analytics.
Arbutus is committed to providing the very best in audit-specific analytics. We do this by creating and enhancing audit analysis capabilities to meet the needs of auditors and data analysts. If you are currently using another audit analytics technology, here are some new or enhanced capabilities you will only find in Arbutus auditor software.
Arbutus allows any objects to be shared, whether they are tables, procedures, views, or any other object types. Shared folders also allow any number of projects or users to share the same object definition. This dramatically reduces administration costs associated with deployment across groups of users.
Arbutus Smart Search can best be described as “Google for your data”. It allows you to easily search for any term or terms in your data, automatically creating an appropriate filter for your query. You can search the entire record, or select specific fields that are of interest. Plus, any type of field can be searched, so you can look for patterns in dates and numbers as well.
Arbutus Smart Search: Google a field or full record using Smart Search. Search on one or multiple terms.
Enhanced View Capabilities, Including Triggers
Arbutus Views include powerful new capabilities that allow you to get the most information from your data including:
- View triggers that allow you to highlight individual cells in your data
- Quick filter Near allows you to instantly identify all records that are similar to a selected item
- Thin filter optimization dramatically improves the performance when viewing data using filters that exclude most records
- Related and computed fields can now be distinctly identified in the View. The colors are customizable, and allow for easy identification of non-physical fields
Sophisticated Duplicate Testing
Arbutus allows you to identify the widest range of duplicates. In addition to “All the Same”, Arbutus offers “Same-Same-Different”, “Same-Same-Near” and “Same-Same-Similar”.
With Arbutus auditor software, you can compare any two tables for differences. With just a few clicks, you can find out what has been added, deleted, or changed. Importantly, the Compare command does not require that the data be sorted, so it can be used to compare any data files, regardless of format.
Powerful Data Export Capabilities
Arbutus offers the widest range of data export capabilities. For example, you can:
- Export directly to any database via ODBC
- Export to multiple tabs in Excel spreadsheets
Arbutus features a wide range of fuzzy matching capabilities utilizing the powerful Damerau-Levenshtein algorithm. This can be used within the same file or file-to-file testing in areas such as audit tests (e.g., test for similar vendor and employee addresses), data harmonization or de-duplication, cost recovery, security matches between systems, and data quality testing.
Multiple Tables Open At The Same Time
Arbutus audit software allows any number of tables to be open at the same time. Each open table is shown in a separate tab, and you just click on any tab to switch tables. You have the option of:
- Closing the currently open table when you open a new one, every time
- Leaving the currently open table open and adding another table, every time
- Selectively choosing between closing the current table or opening another table
Enhanced Procedure/Scripting Capabilities
- Colorized Procedure Editor not only highlights syntax problems, but easily allows you to understand the commands
- Procedure “step mode” allows you to execute your procedure one command at a time, inspecting or correcting the environment as you go
- Procedure “Breakpoints” allow you to enter step mode at any time during the procedure, so you can skip over the portions that are operating correctly
- “Save and Run” allows you to easily make changes, then see their effect
- The ability to “lock” procedures so they can’t be viewed or edited, which ensures your procedures are safe
- Enhanced Dialog boxes allow broad user input. Specialized controls allow file selection dialogs, as well as numeric-only and date-only fields
- Identifying matching parentheses within colorized procedure editor ensures your formulas are built correctly
Arbutus DateTime fields may include date, time, or both. They are supported in any format, so you can compare and manipulate DateTimes in multiple and different formats.
Read Delimited Data Directly
Any delimited file, of any size, can be read directly without data conversion, meaning no waiting when reading larger delimited files. As well, delimited table definitions can be dynamically adjusted to support new data. If your data changes, it is easy to adjust the definition.
Integrate Excel With Your Automated Tests
Use Excel to launch Arbutus procedures using LegacyLink™. Just click on a spreadsheet to initiate an automated analysis, and the results easily load into your sheet.
No data analysis software produces faster results than Arbutus. It has repeatedly been proven to be significantly faster than any other auditor software.
Long, Meaningful Names
The names of tables, fields, procedures, and more can be up to 127 characters in length. This not only allows users to utilize meaningful names throughout their interaction with Arbutus, but also ensures maximum compatibility with other products that support long names.
Re-use Printed Report Definitions
For multiple reports with the same structure, Arbutus allows the first report definition that was created to be easily re-used and modified, minimizing the effort needed when defining similar data.
Switching from other audit analysis software is quick and easy. Projects from your existing audit software are automatically converted into Arbutus projects with just a few mouse clicks.
This is just the start. There are hundreds of new or enhanced capabilities in Arbutus Audit Analytics. If you are interested in learning more about the advantages of Arbutus audit software, contact us to request a free software evaluation.