MAINFRAME and AS/400 SERVERS: DETAILS
The Arbutus Mainframe Server application enables direct, real-time access to, and analysis of, all data sources, including DB2, IMS, ADABAS, VSAM, ISAM, and sequential (QSAM) flat files.
STRENGTHS OF THE MAINFRAME AND AS/400 SERVERS:
ACCESSING AND INTEGRATING ALL DATA
- The Arbutus Mainframe and AS/400 servers specialize in reading both relational and non-relational data sources, including the most complex legacy file structures.
- The servers enable each of these data sources to appear as a table in a single unified database.
- Even though the data may be physically disparate, the tables may be combined in any manner desired, irrespective of the original data source.
MOVING DATA BETWEEN PLATFORMS
- They allow data sources to be easily moved between server platforms or from the server to the desktop.
- Data and databases can be easily brought together from multiple platforms for analysis and reporting purposes.
- Depending on requirements, analysis can take place on either the server, the desktop, or a combination of each.
- The servers also allows analysis to occur against ‘live’ data or staged data, providing complete analysis flexibility.
SHARING OF DATA
- Where the sharing of data is an important part of your work flow processes, these servers supports the easy sharing of data access and analysis among users.
- It also provides the option for data access to be controlled by a central administrator, whether on-site or from a remote location.